Leia had her 4 month apointment today, which of course meant getting her shots, which, after five mins of crying, a 2 hour nap, didn't affect her one bit.
One of the things I've been really worried about since she was born is the fact that she is bigger than most babies her age, is that she'll be teased, bullied and turn into some sociopath who will blame her failed life on the fact that she was born freakishly big (for anybody who hasn't heard the story, she was 10lbs 15oz)
So let me tell you how relieved I was when the scale in the Dr. office only read 16lbs 14oz!!!! My child might not turn into some sociopath, and even with parents like us, who named her after a fictional (though pretty awesome) Jedi Princess, she might turn out quite normal.
So let me tell you how relieved I was when the scale in the Dr. office only read 16lbs 14oz!!!! My child might not turn into some sociopath, and even with parents like us, who named her after a fictional (though pretty awesome) Jedi Princess, she might turn out quite normal.
Well, actually maybe better than normal.. now I've always said I didn't want to become one of those moms that just brag about how smart their kid is..BUT..... the doctor, not me, the doctor said (and if the doctor said it, than it MUST be true) that she was a very smart baby, and acted more like a 6 month old than a 4 month old. I wish crying when you don't like someone, doing weird things with you hands, staring at people and poking your butt out when laying down on your tummy was still considered smart at 28!!!
After going down the list of questions that only a first time mother would ask, I asked the Doc. how early we could start giving her baby cereal, she said anytime between 4 and 6 months...which I took to mean: As soon as you get home!!! I don't need to explain how that went...
Bottom line, we had fun, and we'll probably do it again soon.
5 comments:
That post made me laugh really hard. :)
She is so cute!! I love that you have fed her already..we haven't ventured there yet. Loved those pictures.
Ok I totally laughed when you said how much Leia weighed, because I took Hunter to the doctor yesterday and he was 16 lbs 12.5 oz. I have your exact opposite problem, my kid is freakishly small :)
I don't think you have to worry too much about how big she'll be and stuff when she gets older. You never know how they'll turn out! Besides, the both of you are super skinny so she's bound to grow into her height!! Super cute pictures!!
Hi Sylvie-
I am loving your blog. We are up in Seattle. You guys should come up or we should come down. We would love to see you. Congrats on the baby girl!
Post a Comment