Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back in Salem

Well, we're back. And I'm still not sure how I feel about it. For those of you who were not paying attention, we went down to New Caledonia to visit my family for 3 weeks. Like my brother told me, 3 weeks is right amount of time you need to remember only the good things. But 3 weeks is also long enough to create habits. Like getting used to seeing my mom sitting at the same table involved in one project or the other, everytime we came home; or getting used to hearing the nephews yelling : Tantine Titi (that's me) Tonton Eliot!! Or getting used to having fresh baked bread for breakfast every morning.... Maybe those habits weren't created during those 3 weeks, but just resurfaced.
We've been back for a few days now, but I have not wanted to write quite yet. I guess I just wanted to keep my memories untouched. But it's time to move on, get back to managing apartments, and time to enjoy the Oregon summer... which seems to be shy this year.
I miss home, but again as my brother told me, home is where you make it. And I am extremely blessed to have a wonderful husband and amazing baby to share my home with. Oh, and a great cat. can't forget Mim.
We did have a wonderful time, and did so many things in 3 weeks. I'll have to write a seperate post for some of the many things that made our trip wonderful.

4 comments:

Skippy said...

We're glad to hear that you're back and want to hear about your trip. Joshua can't wait to see Leia.

Nathan

Celeste said...

I've been waiting to hear about your trip. I'm so glad you made it home safely and that you had a great time with your family... and fresh bread yum... can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Alicia said...

We are glad to have you home. You were missed!

Unknown said...

Yup, I wasn't paying attention. I was like where is she? I wonder what she's doing...well now it all makes sense! I like the pictures! I'd love to visit there one day!