Sunday, July 20, 2008

Running (and puffing) for the Arts

This week end was the Art Fair in Salem. It was also my First 5k. Or should I say our first 5K, since I've been running with Sarah, almost everyday, and we decided to do this, to show some results for our hard work, other than a sore knee and leg!!
So on the morning of the race, after a fun night of me dreaming that I was late for the race and Leia waking up several times; Alicia, Sarah and I woke up early; (well I least I did, I have the chance to have a baby who likes to sleep in!) registered, (and of course my name wasn't on the list, good thing we got there early!) and waited, checking out everybody else, especially the buff girls wearing barely nothing as we were freezing!!

It was fun seeing Leia and Eliot cheering us on at the beginning of the race, and then Rowan and Nathan half way through; Elliot, Jeremy and Sarah's parents at the end. We didn't really expect it, so it was really nice.

Yeah, the end!!


Can't get a better trophy than that!

It was fun, and I can't wait to do it again. Although I'd now like to try training for a triathlon... anybody has a bike they'd like to let me borrow?

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats! That's hard work.

Unknown said...

Go Sylvie!! That's so awesome that you did that! I give you props for doing that! I want to do that!

Celeste said...

You go girl!!! That is awesome that you ran in a race... much more motivated then I am! How cute that Leia and Elliot were there to see you.

sarah said...

I know! I totally want a bike! I want to do Cycle Oregon next summer, but that may be a little ambitious of me since I don't even own a bike yet. :) You should look it up. It sounds amazing!

Beth said she'd like me know when there's a sprint triathlon coming up. It's (I think) about 10 laps in the pool, a 12 mile bike ride, and a 5k.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you did really well.

Smiths said...

I've been meaning to do one of those, but keep using my kids as an excuse, cuz I'm a little nervous about it. I really think I'll do it- thanks for the motivation.
p.s: I have the same running shoes I think... wish I looked as good as you do in them

Elika said...

You look good sista! Way to keep in shape. I forgot to let you know how my eye was doing. I found out it was a cornial ulcer...so not pink eye. It was much worse. Probably one of the worst weeks of my life... but it's all good and healed now.

Nichols Family said...

OF COURSE! Of course we'll make s'mores. That is if we can have a fire. And if veggie people eat them, j/k! We're so excited, it's gonna rock!