
Eliot is gone for a while, and apart from the couple of letters i've received, I haven't talk to him in almost 3 weeks. It'll be 3 weeks tomorrow. It's been really hard, but I'm so excited, because it also means that I get to hear my lover's sweet voice again soon. I don't know when, but soon.
three weeks isn't the longest we've been without communications, 4 1/2 years ago, Eliot boarded a sailboat to San Fran. as I boarded a plane to New Caledonia a few hours later. It was the hardest thing I'd ever had to do at the time, say goodbye to the most fascinating, loving yet frustrating person I knew, my boyfriend of 18 months. Little did I know that we'd embark in a wonderful adventure together, less than 3 months later.
Eliot is still the most fascinating, loving and frustrating person I know, but to that I can also add the most wonderful, lovable, so-right-for-me person I know, not to mention the best father our children could ever have. Being the most frustrating person he knows, I cherish his love more than anything in the world. I still can't believe he chose me to be his eternal companion, the one he chose to share his crazy life with, the one he chose to wait for him when he goes on an adventure, the one he can't wait to come home to, to tell all about those adventures.
I'm not really into writing my feelings down for everyone to read, especially when it comes to Eliot, but I couldn't keep it to myself, I LOVE THIS MAN.
Happy Early Valentine's Day Eliot.
1 comment:
awww thanks for sharing that. i always love knowing my friends' marriages are happy!!
Post a Comment