Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011




Noemie, Today you're half a year old. And as such, you fill my days with laughter and joy. And, I won't lie, a little frustration. But that's only because you're the WORST napper in the world.
You are extremely vocal, which makes most people around you laugh, especially when they see those beautiful big eyes; squishy cheeks and adorable smile.
You love to grab your feet and roll side to side. you are very capable of rolling over, but you prefer scooting your way around.
The Pediatrician asked me if you were starting to grab things. HA. Starting? I have to move everything away from you, or it WILL end up in your mouth. As soon as I put you in the bumbo, you stretch yourself on one side, grab what you can before I have time to move it away, then you reach for the other side, and then you arch your back to grab whatever you can get your hands on in the back. And when there's nothing left for you to grab, you play with your feet.
You like to eat food, but more than food, you like water. You love to drink water, out of cup or a bottle. it doesn't matter, you just love that water.
You love to swing, anytime I put you in a swing you just start laughing. You're not afraid of me pushing you hard.
You grunt. A lot and loudly. Mostly when you poop. Which makes church quite interesting. Especially when everyone is quiet, and I'm trying not to bust out laughing.
You adore you sister, and she's really is the best sister. She loves you so much. She loves to hug you, kiss you, make you laugh. She loves to entertain you in the car. Today, she rocked you to sleep, while you were in your car seat. She heard you cry, so she came and calmed you down.
I think you two are going to be great friends.
Mim likes you too. But that might change when you get more than just a little handful of fur.
I'm so excited to see what the other half of the year will bring. I'm so excited to get to know you as you grow, see that special spirit of yours express itself more as you become more mobile, vocal and independent. But don't stop being my snuggly bug anytime soon.

4 comments:

frankie said...

She is just to cute

trio said...

such a cutie! miss you guys so much!

p.s. i have not forgotten that i need to send the recipe. i'm just absent-minded/lazy. can you text me your mailing address at some point, please?

Ashley said...

Those pics of little Noemie are just too cute! Can't believe she's already that old.

Allie said...

Look at those cute little rolls! She is adorable, hope all is well with you guys!