How did this:
Turn into this:
I don't know how it happened, but it did. and I'm still freaking out about it, according to Leia.
So today I took my little papillon to school, her very first day. I could barely stop crying, and had to look to her for strength.
But can you blame me? here I am, handing off my first born to a stranger, a pretty and soft spoken stranger, but never the less, a stranger. From now on, I will not be the only adult female influence in her life, I will not always be there to protect her, to help her open a bag of snacks, to take her to the bathroom. I will not be the first one to hear about the lastest "joke" she came up with. Noemie will not find her when she wakes up and says "where Yeiya go?"
I had almost 5 years to prepare for this. to prepare her to be the best kid she can be once out of my sight. Did I do that? How many opportunities did I miss? Does she really, I mean REALLY know how much she is loved and how special she is? Does she know that if she works hard enough at something, she'll be successful, no matter what others do? Will she really be strong enough to stand up for herself and for what she knows is the right thing to do, without me there to make sure she doesn't get hurt, or to talk about it if she does? So yeah, I'm freaking out. But it is my first born we're talking about.
Well, here's a little recap of the day:
Daddy stayed home for an extra hour, cooked her breakfast, helped her get dressed, and said a very sweet and special prayer to help her at school.
Noemie will probably have just as hard of a time with this whole Leia-going-to-school business tomorrow. We didn't go home until it was time to pick up Captain Apple juice ( Leia's pirate name)
This is when it gets difficult. After some recess time, the bell rang, and Leia grabbed on to my hand. She was to proceed to her teacher's name posted on the wall. She asked me if I was going to go with her. I had a very hard time letting go of that hand. The first little girls she met upon arriving were both in her class, and are both sitted at her table. (red bow and purple head band)
Pledging allegiance to the flag. like a big girl. in 100+ degree weather. just saying.
Here we go, on their way to Miss Cardenas' class. Whom I have a girl crush on. She's so sweet and beautiful.
New friends.
Her own little cubby.
I'm so in love with that face. And here we go again, I'm crying like the day I gave birth to her. I'm so proud of this crazy loving little monkey.
She said she had a great day, and wants to go back. She found her teacher to be delightful. I'm just glad it was only half day today. I think I know someone else who would agree with me.






1 comment:
They have full day kindy? I thought most places had only half days nowadays.
Post a Comment